JOHOR BAHRU – The COVID-19 outbreak has certainly affected the people and the economy of the country. In these challenging times, the hospital put their shoulder to the wheel to do their part for the community. They are not only a healthcare service provider, but they are also a company voluntarily commits to a good cause. The intention behind corporate social responsibility is to bring light and renewable energy to the community.
In this coronavirus pandemic, the hospital took the opportunity to organize numerous charity activities to help those in need. Among the activities organized were charity bazaar and blood donation drive where it only opens to staff and doctors to raise funds and help toward the nonprofitable homes and foundations during the lockdown. The proceed collected from the charity bazaar were donated mainly to 3 homes mainly the old folks’ home, orphanage home, and less fortunate home. The hospital also supported on the essential items to more homes through the collections received from doctors and staff. The good cause did not end there as the hospital continued to contribute out RM10,000 to help cancer patients through Tunku Laksamana Johor Cancer Foundation
Apart from contributing to homes, the hospital helped out Jabatan Kesihatan Negeri Johor by donating syringe pumps during the crisis. A drive-thru bubur lambuk distribution was also organized to facilitate the local community to pick-up the porridge during the Movement Control Order (MCO). The hospital received an overwhelming response from all the effort made.
Below are the charity initiatives carried out during this global public health emergency
- Syringe pumps to Jabatan Kesihatan Negeri Johor – 26 March 2020
- Donation of essential items to Yayasan Kebajikan Suria JB on 25 April 2020
- Donation of essential items to Rumah Perlindungan Fitrah Qaseh on 27 April 2020
- Donation of essential items to Pertubuhan Pusat Jagaan Kebajikan Kesayangan Abadi on 15 May 2020
- Donation of RM10,000 to Tunku Laksamana Johor Cancer Foundation on 15 June 2020
- Donation from charity bazaar funds collected to Rumah Anak Yatim Shafar on 18 June 2020
- Donation from charity bazaar funds collected to Pertubuhan Kebajikan Insan Istimewa on 18 June 2020
- Donation from charity bazaar funds collected to Rumah Sri Kenangan, on 19 June 2020
“The hospital will increase charitable giving commitments not only reflect what they can do right now but also how they will continue their support throughout the year to come,” said the Regional General Manager, Rahani Yaacob of the hospital.
For further information, please contact Columbia Asia Hospital – Tebrau at + 60 (7) 272 9999.